Here are the top questions that Angela receives about Green Monsters!
1. Why do you drink Green Monsters?
- They give me tons of energy
- Glowing, clear skin
- Lots of vegetable and fruit servings in the morning
- They taste great
- Quick and easy
2. What is a recipe for a first-timer that is fail proof?
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or dairy if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1-2 cups raw spinach
- 1 banana
3. Do you steam your spinach before using?
I used to steam the spinach before blending, but I no longer do so as my iron levels are where they should be and I don’t feel the need to any more.
4. What do you prefer- kale or spinach?
There is no doubt that spinach ‘camouflages’ or blends itself better than kale does. Spinach blends smooth, while kale tends to remain chewy when blended, unless you have a really high end blender. Kale is something that I got used to over time and now the chewiness doesn’t bother me as much. I rotate kale and spinach when I can, however I can’t always find organic kale in my grocery store so I tend to buy spinach more often.
5. How often do you make Green Monsters?
I make a Green Monster a couple times a week.
6. Does your Green Monster replace your entire breakfast? Is it a meal replacement?
It depends what I put in the Green Monster. Sometimes I make a light or lower calorie Green Monster (under 200 cals) and then I have some cereal or other breakfast food in addition to the smoothie. Other times, I make a higher calorie Green monster (300-400 cals) with extra protein powder and this replaces my entire breakfast. It just depends what my mood is!
7. What are your favourite foods to add to a Green Monster?
- Bananas (a must have ingredient in most smoothies)
- Amazing Grass Wheatgrass Powder
- Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate powder (see right sidebar)
- Chia seeds
- Acai Powder
- Maca Powder
- Almond Butter or Peanut butter
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Milk
- Soy, hemp, or almond milk
- lots of ice (especially needed when cooking greens beforehand)
- Carob powder
- Cocoa powder
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spice mix